IBM xSeries x3650 M2 Server
The IBM System x3650 M2 offers robust and proven technology and a flexible, energy-smart design.
Select configurations of the x3650 M2 are part of the IBM Express Advantage™ Portfolio, designed to meet the needs of midsized businesses. The x3650 M2 supports the VMware ESXi 3.5 embedded hypervisor, the industry-leading solution for virtualization. In addition, the x3650 M2 provides exceptional memory per core, enabling you to implement virtualization efficiently and cost-effectively.
|IBM x3650 M2 Server
- Outstanding power-optimized performance that can double compute capability of previous generation 2-socket servers
- Helps lower operational costs with innovative energy-smart 2U design
- Improve service with a highly scalable, flexible design that is easy to deploy, integrate, service and manage
- Manage risk with resilient architectures and virtualized environments
- 2U chassis
- Up to two quad- or dual-core Intel® Xeon® 5550 Series processors with QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) technology, up to 2.93 GHz and up to 1333 MHz front-side bus
- New energy-efficient design with low 675 W and up to 92% efficient power supplies, six cooling fans, new UEFI BIOS, altimeter monitored by IMM and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager
- Up to 128 GB of high-performance, new-generation DDR-3 memory (planned availability 2Q 2009)
- Ultimate internal storage flexibility with up to twelve 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA/SSD HDD bays
- 4 PCI-Express (4x8) Gen 2 slots: 2x8 full-length, full-height; 1x8 half-length, full-height; 1x8 low-profile. 4x8 are convertible to 2x16 via optional risers. Also, convertible to 2x PCI-X via optional risers
- VMWare ESXi 3.5 embedded hypervisor support with optional 2 GB USB key for virtualization (planned availability 2Q 2009)
The xSeries 3650 M2 may be easily customized to either fit within your budget or to meet up to your demand for maximum performance. Contact our sales team to inquire about customization or to submit a quote. Our expert staff is ready to answer all of your questions!
Back to IBM xSeries Server Solutions Main Page