IBM xSeries x3550 M2 Server
The IBM System x3550 M2 offers robust, proven technology and a flexible, energy-smart design.
Designed to provide leadership virtualization, the x3550 M2 supports the VMware ESXi 3.5 embedded hypervisor, the industry-leading solution for virtualization. In addition, the x3550 M2 provides exceptional memory capacity per core, enabling you to implement virtualization efficiently and cost-effectively.
|IBM x3550 M2 Server
- Outstanding power-optimized performance which can double compute capability of previous generation 2-socket servers
- Help lower operational costs with innovative energy- smart 1U design
- Improve service with a highly scalable, flexible design that is easy to deploy, integrate, service and manage
- Manage risk with resilient architectures and virtualized environments
- Space-saving 1U chassis
- Up to two quad- or dual-core Intel® Xeon® 5500 Series processors with QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) technology, up to 2.93 GHz and up to 1333 MHz front-side bus
- New energy-efficient design with low 675 W and up to 92% efficient power supplies, six cooling fan modules, new UEFI BIOS, altimeter monitored by IMM and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager
- Up to 128 GB of high-performance, new-generation DDR-3 memory
- Ultimate internal storage flexibility with up to six 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA/SSD HDD bays
- Two PCI-Express (x16) Gen 2 slots—one half-length, full-height and one low-profile; each slot convertible to PCI-X with riser option
- VMWare ESXi 3.5 embedded hypervisor support with optional 2 GB USB key for virtualization
The xSeries 3550 M2 may be easily customized to either fit within your budget or to meet up to your demand for maximum performance. Contact our sales team to inquire about customization or to submit a quote. Our expert staff is ready to answer all of your questions!
Back to IBM xSeries Server Solutions Main Page